Have you put together your annual marketing communications plan?
Having a marketing communications plan means that you know what you are going to say to your customers and when you are going to engage with them throughout the year. As the old adage goes fail to plan and you plan to fail. Communicating the vision that you have for your company with new and potential customers is extremely helpful. Planning how you are going to do this invaluable.
What is happening in your company?
- Do you have a new product or service to launch?
- Are you investing in attending a large trade or public exhibition?
- Do you want to introduce new members of staff or a new team?
- Could you increase customers and sales by creating a regular newsletter?
- Are you worried that you have no ‘Social Media’ presence?
- Is your website being updated regularly?
- Are stories being written and sent to local, trade or national media?
A plan helps you spread activities spread throughout the year. A communications expert can encourage your team to understand and engage with your vision. On a practical level it is very useful to have an external communications team keeping to deadlines and producing copy, newsletters and press releases on your behalf.
For information on how we include measurability as part of the planning process go to our ‘PR Measurability‘ page.